Aquatex standard colours for use on pre-washed natural fabrics such as calico, seed cloth, 100% cotton. These paints are translucent and may be used on white, cream or very pale pastel coloured materials.
Aquatex Colorbrite opaque colours also known as mock discharge – for use on pre-washedfabric as well as cotton/synthetic mixtures. Suitable for use on white and coloured fabrics.
Colours are water soluble and intermixable. Wash brushes in warm soapy water.
Add colours to extender base to lighten colours.
Add opaque white to colours to obtain pastel colours.
Add pearl base to colours to obtain pearlescent finish.
A little water may be mixed into paint if necessary, but too much will make the colours bleed.
Heat Setting Instructions:
(If paint is not heat set properly, colours will wash out or fade)
– Allow painted fabric to dry thoroughly.
– Fold fabric with the painted side inwards and place on a baking tray in the oven.
– Heat at 140ºC and bake for 6-10 minutes depending on size of fabric.
– Turn oven off and remove fabric when oven has cooled down.
Heat Setting Instructions For Dyefoam Puff Paints:
– Paint fabric with Aquatex colours. Allow project to dry thgoroughly and heat set according to
instructions as set out above.
– Apply puff paint where required and allow to dry thoroughly.
– Place in a pre-heated oven at 120ºC for 30 seconds and remove from oven.
Save on bulk purchases – buy Aquatex clear extender base and mix your own colours with Aquatex pigments.